Template:Software release version 2.4.1
- Background save mode
- Color hints on web user interface
- Save view control (improves performance and reliability)
- User selectable playback frame rate
- Enhanced documentation updated to be easier to find what you are searching for
Copy the update tarball file to the big SD card, power on the camera, and wait around 7 minutes for the camera to finish updating.
Improvements since software release version 2.3.1:
- Added background save mode so you can continue to capture new videos, while captured videos are being saved, as long as you have room in the DDR3 memory.
- Baseball features - You can erase video and metadata files after downloading them.
- Professional videography features - added ability to set the playback frame rate to match your work flow requirements.
- Updated web user interface so you can track the foreground capture and background save activity.
- Fixed a problem with corrupted videos on SC2, SC2+ and SC2X cameras
- Fixed a problem where Genlock errors weren't always reported.
- Fixed trigger debounce time on SC1.
SDK API changes
- The CAMAPI configure_camera() and run() dictionary parameter now takes requested_save_mode instead of requested_review.
- Switched from buffer index (starting at zero) to buffer number (starting at one) for CAMAPI selective_save(), get_captured_video_info() and review_frame()
- Depreciated CAMAPI get_pretrigger_fill_level(). Use get_captured_video_info() instead.
- In CAMAPI get_captured_video_info(), deleted captured_buffers dictionary key and replaced with unsaved_count.
- CAMAPI get_camstatus() split apart capture information and save_information.
- Capture information is returned in dictionary keys state, level, and active_buffer. These key names were not changed to specify they are specific to only the capture side.
- Capture state no longer includes: CAMAPI_STATE_SAVING, CAMAPI_STATE_SAVE_CANCELED, CAMAPI_STATE_SAVE_INTERRUPTED, orCAMAPI_STATE_SAVE_TRUNCATING
- Capture state has two new states to handle the cases where capture is not possible, but save is possible: CAMAPI_STATE_BUFFERS_FULL_TRIGGER_DISABLED, and CAMAPI_STATE_WAITING_FOR_SAVE_TO_COMPLETE_TRIGGER_DISABLED.
- New dictionary keys were added to return save information, including save_state, save_level, save_buffer, save_pretrigger_fill_level, and save_time.
- The time until the current capture completes is returned in capture_time and the time until all the currently scheduled saves complete is returned in save_time. Times are in seconds.
- To allow you to detect when a background save completes, the video_save_count is not included in the get_camstatus() returned dictionary. The video_save_count is the total number of videos saved since the camera was new (or a really hard factory reset occurred).
- Added parameter to CAMAPI cancel() to allow previously captured, but unsaved videos to be discarded.
- Added new CAMAPI method erase_file(wildcard_filename) to allow you to erase the video and metadata files after they have been downloaded.
- Updated hcamapi.py to support save_mode and separate save state status reporting. save_mode default set to auto.
- Added support for reporting FPGA bits build data and CRC. This is helpful is you are testing a beta code release for us.