Windows 7 stand alone network configuration
Most computers running Windows 7 are configured to allow Ethernet to work automatically over an Internet connection. You need to change the configuration to used a fixed IP address when your laptop and camera are connected together using an Ethernet cable.
Open the Control Panel network settings dialog and adjust the Ethernet network settings.
- Click on the Start icon in the lower left corner.
- Click on Control Panel on the right side.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings.
- Click on Local Area Connection.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Set the following values:
- IP address: 10.11.12.1
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default gateway: leave blank
- Select OK in the Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) dialog and Close in the Ethernet Properties dialog.
You can now browse to your camera using Chrome and the URL
To revert back to the previous Ethernet configuration (so you can connect to the Internet), follow the same steps, but select Obtain an IP address automatically in the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) dialog.