Software release version 1.2
- 1 Version 1.2
- 2 Known defects
- 2.1 201406231552 IP address reported by file on SD card is wrong if the static IP address has been manually set
- 2.2 201406180730 Device looses some settings during device software update
- 2.3 201401101440 Web browser doesn't have the right aspect ratio when setting the height and width
- 2.4 201312111624 File timestamp is in GMT
- 2.5 201312111442 Video file metadata has user configured duration not actual video file duration
- 2.6 201312111058 When memory card is full playback and download buttons are inactive
- 2.7 201312021613 Browser forward and back buttons may change camera settings
- 2.8 201311291648 Insert and remove remote trigger causes camera to trigger
- 2.9 201311041114 Playing last recorded video can fail in rare cases
- 2.10 201311101454 CAMAPI does not detect new space on mounted storage device
The only change was resolving a DDR2 memory initialization misconfiguration.
Build host: contra-lx Built by: tfischer Build date: 20140405230106 Build tag: ssc1 Build hash: 7372845
- Bitstream version 38
- Boot output
Some camera DDR2 memory chips did not initialize properly. Version 1.2 fixes this issue.
201404011023 - DDR2 initialization logic incorrect.
SDK API changes
The following is the list of known defect in the version 1.2 release.
201406231552 IP address reported by file on SD card is wrong if the static IP address has been manually set
You can set the camera's static IP address by manually editing the /etc/network/interfaces file. When you take the network down and back up again, the camera's address changes, but the address reported by the file on the big SD card is wrong. The System LED that reports if a static or DHCP address is used; may give the wrong indication as well.
Thanks to Craig for reporting this defect.
201406180730 Device looses some settings during device software update
Settings stored in the micro SD card read/write partition are erased during a device update. Currently only manually configured network settings are stored in the read/write partition.
201401101440 Web browser doesn't have the right aspect ratio when setting the height and width
The Web browser user interface does properly scale the live preview video images for some height and width values. The video is recorded correctly.
201312111624 File timestamp is in GMT
The camera was intentionally designed to use GMT for the timezone when saving video files. Some might consider this a defect (issue #182).
201312111442 Video file metadata has user configured duration not actual video file duration
If you trigger the camera before the pre-trigger buffer is full, the duration reported in the video file metadata is wrong (issue #181).
You should be able to play the last saved video when the memory card is full, but the playback and download buttons are inactive (issue #179).
If you browse to another site and then use the browser back button to return to viewing the camera, your camera settings may have changed.
201311291648 Insert and remove remote trigger causes camera to trigger
If you have the camera running and insert or remove your remote trigger device, it will trigger the camera and cause a video file to be created on your storage device.
201311041114 Playing last recorded video can fail in rare cases
The camera will automatically switch which storage device is used when the current storage device fills up and another, non-full, storage device is available. You can not play the video recorded right before the switch occurs.
201311101454 CAMAPI does not detect new space on mounted storage device
CAMPI handles changes in storage status using an interrupt scheme (mdev). If your SD card is full and you telnet into the camera and delete some files, no event occurs, so CAMAPI doesn't detect there is now room and the memory full message is displayed.
Workaround: after deleting the files, remove and reinsert the storage device to create a change in storage status event.