Updating edgertronic software
Each time the camera powers on the camera checks to see if an update (.tar) file exists in the root directory of the SD card. If so, the camera goes through the update process, rebooting several times and operating as normal using the new software. The camera automatically deletes the update file from the SD card. The software update process takes around seven minutes, so be patient. While the system LED is blinking white, the update is in progress.
Getting updated software
The Software releases web page contains the latest released software. You can download the software update image from there.
- Insert a big SD card in your computer.
- Browse to the Software releases web page and right mouse click on the Camera update file link.
- Using the Save link as option, download and save the camera update (.tar) file directly to the SD card.
- After the download completes, tell your computer to eject (unmount) the SD card.
- Wait another 10 or 20 seconds to make sure the processor in the SD card has time to finish committing the file data to NAND.
- Remove the SD card from your computer.
- Power off the camera.
- Insert the big SD card containing the update (.tar) file into SD card slot on the back of the camera.
- Power on the camera. Within 30 seconds, you should see the System LED blink white. The entire update process will take around seven minutes. System status LED turns blue and Camera status LED turns green in color at the end of the software update. You can monitor the update progress by watching the camera's LEDs.
Important: While the update is in progress, don't disconnect power to the camera or software corruption can occur.
- The update process deletes the update file from the SD card once a successful update has occurred.
Using your camera after an update
When the update is complete, you can browse to the camera and you will see the Figure 1: Usage Agreement followed by Figure 2: Release Summary.
If your camera loses power during the update, the camera may not boot properly. You can directly reprogram the micro SD card to recover.
Windows 7 Additional Step
When using Windows 7, you may get a warning from your computer about the .tar file. The file will not finish being downloaded until you click on "keep" on the drop down menu as seen below.